Published: 09:30 GMT Daylight Time - Thursday 24 May 2012
Operation Nehemiah: News update #47
Country/Region: United Kingdom, Europe, Canada, United States
UK: Law that “bans insults” threatens freedom of speech, say campaigners
A coalition of MPs, human rights campaigners, secular organisations and faith groups have called for a law that prohibits “insulting words or behaviour” to be scrapped.
UK: Halal certification body shut down after HMRC order
One of the leading halal certification bodies, The Halal Monitoring Committee (HMC), has been wound up after failing to pay its VAT bill.
Canada: Madrassa barred from Toronto school pending hate probe
An Islamic school that runs weekend classes at a high school in Toronto has been barred from teaching there, pending a police investigation into alleged anti-Semitic curriculum material.
USA: Concerns over online censorship threat to Christian views
Christian leaders in America are concerned that new media platforms such as Google and Facebook may be the next battleground for religious freedom.
Our magazine - Barnabas aid
- 1Barnabas weekly newsletter 02 March 2011 - 2 years ago
- 2Barnabas weekly newsletter 01 April 2011 - 2 years ago
- 3Barnabas weekly newsletter 30 September 2011 - 2 years ago
- 4Barnabas weekly newsletter 12 April 2012 - 1 year ago
- 5Barnabas weekly newsletter 20 April 2012 - 1 year ago
- 6Barnabas weekly newsletter 26 April 2012 - 1 year ago
- 7Barnabas weekly newsletter 03 May 2012 - 1 year ago
- 8Barnabas persecution update 10 May 2012 - 1 year ago
- 9Barnabas persecution update 17 May 2012 - 1 year ago
- 10Barnabas persecution update 24 May 2012 - 12 months ago