Published: 11:45 GMT Daylight Time - Thursday 25 August 2011
Operation Nehemiah: News and Prayer Update #35
Country/Region: United Kingdom, Europe
UK Equalities watchdog drops plan to protect Christians
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) has abandoned plans to give Christians greater freedom to follow their beliefs in the workplace.
Dorset church attacked by vandals in UK
A church in Dorset, England, has been ransacked by vandals who caused considerable damage.
UK: Cheshire RE criticised for “sidelining Christianity”
A decision by the Cheshire East Council in England to teach a secular viewpoint as part of religious education has been criticised by some of the borough’s councillors.
- Pray that the Equality and Human Rights Commission will return to its earlier plans, and that these will lead to greater freedom for Christians to follow their beliefs in the workplace.
- Pray that councils across England will recognise the importance of prioritising Christianity as part of religious education and that it will not be further sidelined by the introduction of secularism to the syllabus.
- Pray for the church in Southbourne, Dorset, that it will overcome the discouragement of the recent vandalism.
Our magazine - Barnabas aid
- 1Barnabas weekly newsletter 07 January 2011 - 2 years ago
- 2Barnabas weekly newsletter 14 January 2011 - 2 years ago
- 3Barnabas weekly newsletter 02 March 2011 - 2 years ago
- 4Barnabas weekly newsletter 14 March 2011 - 2 years ago
- 5Barnabas weekly newsletter 25 March 2011 - 2 years ago
- 6Barnabas weekly newsletter 01 April 2011 - 2 years ago
- 7Barnabas weekly newsletter 08 April 2011 - 2 years ago
- 8Barnabas weekly newsletter 15 April 2011 - 2 years ago
- 9Barnabas weekly newsletter 28 April 2011 - 2 years ago
- 10Barnabas weekly newsletter 06 May 2011 - 2 years ago