Published: 00:00 GMT Daylight Time - Friday 22 June 2012
There is a Church in Syria - Video
Country/Region: Syria, Middle East and North Africa
There have been Christians in Syria since Biblical times, and today the country is home to a flourishing Christian population of 2.3 million. Hundreds of thousands of Christian refugees from Iraq have also escaped there from anti-Christian violence and cruelty in their homeland.
Until last year Syria was the one of the easiest places in the Arab world to be a Christian. The churches could practise their faith without much interference, and they were respected by the Muslim majority and even by the government.
But with the Arab Spring their conditions changed -- very much for the worse...
For more information, click here.
- 1Message from Dr Patrick Sookhdeo: The Tragedy of Christians in Syria - 5 months ago
- 2Helping the forgotten minority in Syria: Barnabas provides £100,000 a month for Christia... - 7 months ago
- 3Desperate humanitarian crisis engulfs displaced Syrian Christians - 10 months ago
- 4Christian family’s plight highlights human cost of Syria conflict - 10 months ago
- 5Appealing on behalf of the Christians of Syria - 11 months ago
- 6Christian families in desperate need; armed militants wreak havoc in Syria - 1 year ago
- 7There is a Church in Syria - 1 year ago
- 8Syrian Christians in desperate straits: will the churches survive? - 1 year ago
- 9There is a Church in Syria