Published: 13:00 GMT Daylight Time - Friday 27 May 2011
Operation Nehemiah: News and Prayer Update #23
Country/Region: United Kingdom, Europe, Australia
Muslims push for sharia in Australia
Australia's top Muslim body has called on the federal government to permit Islamic law, especially in divorce cases.
Christian doctor who talked about God fights for his job
A family doctor fears losing his job after he was reprimanded by the General Medical Council for talking to a patient about God.
Non-Muslim shop worker threatened for refusing to wear veil
A 31-year-old Asian woman who works in a pharmacy in Tower Hamlets, London, has received death threats for refusing to wear a veil.
MPs warn of decline in religious education
MPs have warned of a decline in religious education if Education Secretary Michael Gove goes ahead with his decision to leave the subject out of the new English baccalaureate.
- Pray that the attempts to introduce sharia into Australian law will be strongly opposed by federal and state governments and that the authorities will be wise in their regulation of funding.
- Pray that RE will be included in the English Baccalaureate and that Christianity will continue to be taught in our schools. Pray that government decisions will not further the secularisation of Britain.
Our magazine - Barnabas aid
- 1Barnabas weekly newsletter 07 January 2011 - 2 years ago
- 2Barnabas weekly newsletter 14 January 2011 - 2 years ago
- 3Barnabas weekly newsletter 02 March 2011 - 2 years ago
- 4Barnabas weekly newsletter 14 March 2011 - 2 years ago
- 5Barnabas weekly newsletter 25 March 2011 - 2 years ago
- 6Barnabas weekly newsletter 01 April 2011 - 2 years ago
- 7Barnabas weekly newsletter 08 April 2011 - 2 years ago
- 8Barnabas weekly newsletter 15 April 2011 - 2 years ago
- 9Barnabas weekly newsletter 28 April 2011 - 2 years ago
- 10Barnabas weekly newsletter 06 May 2011 - 2 years ago