Published: 00:00 GMT Standard Time - Wednesday 06 January 2010
Apostasy Law Campaign Extended
The petition calls on national governments to support all efforts by Muslims to have the apostasy law abolished, so that Muslims who choose to leave their faith are no longer liable to the death sentence or any other penalty.
We are pleased to report that at the time of writing 41,173 people have signed the petition. Please do continue to encourage people at your church and other Christian friends to sign it. Also if you have any signed petition sheets that have not yet been sent in to us, could you please forward them to your national Barnabas Fund office (contact address) as soon as possible? Thank you very much.
Extract from Dr Patrick Sookhdeo's new book: Freedom to Believe - challengeing Islam's apostasy law (published Nov 2009).
Apostasy and Blasphemy in Islam: What should Christians Do? an article by The Rt Rev Dr Michael Nazir-Ali (former Bishop of Rochester).
The Application of the Apostasy Law in the World Today - an indepth article published by Barnabas Fund in May 2003.
- 1Introducing Dr Patrick Sookhdeo’s latest book: Freedom to Believe: Challenging Islam’... - 3 years ago
- 2British Muslims Call for a Modernised Islam - 3 years ago
- 3British Muslim Group Accepts the Right to Convert from Islam - 3 years ago
- 4Non-Muslims under Islam - 3 years ago
- 5The Islamic Law of Apostasy: join our campaign for its abolition - 3 years ago
- 6Christian aid worker murdered in Mauritania - 4 years ago
- 7A Timeline of Christian Persecution 2008/2009 - 4 years ago
- 8Encouraging Change from Within - 4 years ago
- 9Obama in Cairo - 4 years ago
- 10Barnabas Ministries