Published: 09:30 GMT Daylight Time - Friday 08 June 2012
Operation Nehemiah: News update #49
Country/Region: United Kingdom, Europe, South Africa, Africa
UK: Government to introduce new laws over forced marriage
Parents who force their children to marry will face jail sentences under tough new laws after warnings that 8,000 young women a year in Britain are pushed into marriage without their consent.
UK: Polygamy in Islam: The women victims of multiple marriages
A leading family lawyer says polygamy within the Muslim community in the UK is "rife" as the former wife of Pervez Choudhry tells the BBC that she didn't know the former Conservative party leader on Slough Borough Council was still married.
South Africa: Convert from Islam explains why Christians should resist halal
A convert from Islam to Christianity gives ethical and Biblical reasons why Christians should take a stand against the lucrative and seemingly growing halal certification trade in South Africa.
Our magazine - Barnabas aid
- 1Barnabas weekly newsletter 02 March 2011 - 2 years ago
- 2Barnabas weekly newsletter 01 April 2011 - 2 years ago
- 3Barnabas weekly newsletter 30 September 2011 - 2 years ago
- 4Barnabas weekly newsletter 12 April 2012 - 1 year ago
- 5Barnabas weekly newsletter 20 April 2012 - 1 year ago
- 6Barnabas weekly newsletter 26 April 2012 - 1 year ago
- 7Barnabas weekly newsletter 03 May 2012 - 1 year ago
- 8Barnabas persecution update 10 May 2012 - 1 year ago
- 9Barnabas persecution update 17 May 2012 - 1 year ago
- 10Barnabas persecution update 24 May 2012 - 12 months ago