Published: 08:55 GMT Standard Time - Thursday 07 March 2013
Operation Nehemiah: News update #85
Country/Region: United Kingdom, Europe, United States, Australia, Middle East and North Africa
AUS: Four men found guilty of sharia law whipping
Four Muslim men have been found guilty by an Australian court of whipping a convert to Islam 40 times with a cable, which they said was a punishment under Islamic law for drinking alcohol and using drugs.
Al Qaeda releases glossy magazine on terrorism
Al Qaeda has released the latest edition of its English-language propaganda magazine, which advises would-be militants on how to torch parked cars and cause traffic accidents; it also lists public figures it wants “dead or alive for crimes against Islam”.
UK: Expelled university Christian Union given back its status
The University of Birmingham Christian Union (UBCU) has been re-affiliated to the Guild of Students, having being expelled seven years ago for not allowing non-Christians onto its leadership team.
USA: Bill seeks to add Bible classes to government school curriculum in North Carolina
North Carolina's government high schools may soon be able to start offering Bible classes as options in their curriculum, after the proposal of a new bill at the state General Assembly.
UK: Extremist’s teachings “still on YouTube”, MPs hear
The teachings of radical Muslim cleric Anwar al-Awlaki are widely available on YouTube and will be removed only if flagged as unsuitable by the website's users, MPs have heard.
Our magazine - Barnabas aid
- 1Barnabas Persecution Update 04 January 2013 - 2 years ago
- 2Barnabas Persecution Update 10 January 2013 - 2 years ago
- 3Barnabas Persecution Update 17 January 2013 - 2 years ago
- 4Barnabas Persecution Update 24 January 2013 - 1 year ago
- 5Barnabas Persecution Update 31 January 2013 - 1 year ago
- 6Barnabas Persecution Update 14 February 2013 - 1 year ago
- 7Barnabas Persecution Update 21 February 2013 - 1 year ago
- 8Barnabas Persecution Update 28 February 2013 - 1 year ago
- 9Barnabas Persecution Update 07 March 2013 - 1 year ago
- 10Barnabas Persecution Update 14 March 2013 - 1 year ago