Save Iraqi Christians
Project(s): 20-227, 20-383, 20-246, 20-689, 20-710, 49-710, 20-744, 49-744, 20-734
A total of 42,627 people put their names to the petition created by Barnabas Aid for our Save Iraqi Christians campaign. On Wednesday 5 November 2008 the British and European signatures were presented to the Human Rights, Democracy and Governance Group and the Iraqi Group of the British Foreign and Commonwealth Office by Barnabas Aid’s International Director, Dr Patrick Sookhdeo. He was accompanied by a senior leader of the Iraqi community in the UK. The Australian signatures were presented to Russell Broadbent MP at the Australian Federal Parliament on Monday 10 November.
This presentation takes place against the background of continuing and intense persecution of Iraqi Christians, which has recently spread to the northern city of Mosul. For more details please use this link:
Give thanks to God that so many people worldwide have signed the petition. Please pray that Western governments will recognize the severity of anti-Christian violence in Iraq and will welcome Iraqi Christians into their countries to live and worship in peace and security. Pray too that immigration officials reviewing asylum applications will recognise the particular dangers faced by Iraqi Christians.
Available resources from the Barnabas Shop
IRAQ: Remember the Refugees
Save Iraqi Christians
Pack with different resources providing information on the situation of Iraqi Christians and Iraqi Christian refugees. It offers suggestions how to help Iraqi Christians in need, how to become involved in the campaign “Save Iraqi Christians” and how to inform others.
Go to the Barnabas Shop now to order your "Save Iraqi Christians" free resources.
Latest news about the situation of Iraqi Christians:
Read more about the situation of Iraqi Christians in these articles from "Barnabas Aid" magazine.
- Iraqi Christians flee Mosul as Islamic extremists launch campaign against them: "We left everything behind us. We took only our souls."
- Campaign Update November 2008
- Campaign Update September 2008
- Campaign Update June 2008
- Campaign Update May 2008
- Supporter's Newsletter May 2008
- Supporter's Newsletter Decemeber 2007
- December 2007 - Tadamon Building Project For Iraq's Refugees
- December 2007 - Barnabas Christmas Appeal
- October 2007 - IRAQ Iraq The Betrayal of the Christians
- September 2007 IRAQ Mosul Christians Killed
- September 2007 - IRAQ In Iraq being a Christian means...
- March 2007 - IRAQ Two Personal Stories of Christians who have Fled Iraq
- January 2007 - IRAQ Is Any Suffering Like Our Suffering
- November 2005 - IRAQ Invisible In Iraq
Our magazine - Barnabas aid
- 1Saving Iraqi Christians - 6 years ago
- 2Under siege: Iraq's Christians face struggle for survival - 7 years ago
- 3Iraqi Christians Look For Protection From The Storm - 7 years ago
- 4Barnabas Aid Latest Appeal IRAQ - Fear and Hope - 7 years ago
- 5Growing violence against Christians in Iraq - 7 years ago
- 6Three more attacks on Iraqi Churches in Baghdad and Mosul - 7 years ago