Published: 17:00 GMT Standard Time - Thursday 26 January 2012
Christians are one of the largest and most persecuted groups in the world. Yet they often appear to be the most neglected group in Western governments’ foreign policy. There is little concrete engagement with the issue of anti-Christian persecution, even though governments may recognise that respect for minorities and human rights is a foundation stone for national and international peace and security.
Barnabas Aid’s Proclaim Freedom campaign will run to the end of 2012 and will seek to raise the profile of the persecuted Church around the world. It will have two specific aims:
- to press governments to be active in promoting human rights in other countries for all minorities, but especially religious freedom for the roughly 200 million Christians living under the shadow of persecution, discrimination and disadvantage
- to press governments to work to ensure that other countries bring to justice citizens who either incite anti-Christian hatred or engage in anti-Christian violence
The Proclaim Freedom petition provides us all with an opportunity to call our governments to pursue decisive policies aimed at putting pressure on states that persecute or condone the persecution of Christians and assisting other countries to improve the lot of minority groups within their borders.
Please sign this petition and promote it within your church and community. You can help us influence government policy, which in turn could bring greater hope and freedom to our brothers and sisters throughout the world.
Our magazine - Barnabas aid
- 1Editorial: should UK aid go to countries where Christians are persecuted? - 4 months ago
- 2Editorial: welcome boost at UN for conversion rights - 7 months ago
- 3Convert from Islam to Christianity slaughtered by Muslims - 11 months ago
- 4Barnabas launches Proclaim Freedom campaign; sign our petition - 1 year ago
- 5Recent Changes in Christian Approaches to Islam - 3 years ago
- 6The Islamic Law of Apostasy: join our campaign for its abolition - 3 years ago
- 7The Application of the Apostasy Law in the World Today - 6 years ago
- 8Proclaim freedom petition - 1 year ago
- 9Sample letters for Proclaim freedom - contacting your elected representatives - 11 months ago
- 10Operation Nehemiah: News and Prayer Update #6 - 2 years ago