Published: 12:00 GMT Daylight Time - Monday 18 June 2012
Sample letters for Proclaim freedom - contacting your elected representatives
As part of this campaign we would like to encourage supporters to contact their elected representative. In the US you can write to your Local Representative in Congress by going to your member website. The best results are gained by phoning or completing an email form. Alternatively if you do not know who your representative is you can find your congressperson’s name with your zipcode here.
You could start by saying that you are concerned that Christians make up the “most harassed faith group”1 worldwide but that this issue does not appear to receive much attention from our government and elected representatives. Ask what your Local Representative is doing to promote religious liberty, particularly for religious minorities suffering persecution, discrimination and disadvantage. Ask how high a priority they think this is and in particular what public statements they have made highlighting the global persecution of Christians. Your letter does not need to be long, but please be polite!
We have drafted a sample letter, which is available to view below or in print form from your nearest Barnabas office. We suggest, however, that you do not copy this word for word.
Sample letter to member of Congress.
Microsoft Word version of sample letter to member of Congress.
1 Pew Foundation Report, Recent Restrictions on Religion, August 2011.
Our magazine - Barnabas aid
- 1Editorial: should UK aid go to countries where Christians are persecuted? - 4 months ago
- 2Editorial: welcome boost at UN for conversion rights - 7 months ago
- 3Convert from Islam to Christianity slaughtered by Muslims - 11 months ago
- 4Barnabas launches Proclaim Freedom campaign; sign our petition - 1 year ago
- 5Recent Changes in Christian Approaches to Islam - 3 years ago
- 6The Islamic Law of Apostasy: join our campaign for its abolition - 3 years ago
- 7The Application of the Apostasy Law in the World Today - 6 years ago
- 8Proclaim freedom - 1 year ago
- 9Proclaim freedom petition - 1 year ago
- 10Operation Nehemiah: News and Prayer Update #6 - 2 years ago